Thursday 25 July 2013

'Ticket to Ride' Boardgame

While down in Canberra on the weekend I went to one of my favourite stores, The Games Capital, and had a hard time deciding between purchasing 'Pandemic' and 'Ticket to Ride'. Ticket to Ride won out due to it being easier to teach others to play, something I need to consider when hoping to play with others.

In 'Ticket to Ride' players aim to claim train routes between US cities in order to fulfil chosen tickets. Say if I chose a ticket that said "LA to Miami 21 points", my aim would be to claim a continuous set of routes between the two cities to claim those points. If I do not, I lose those points.

 
Once you have played it a while you can see why it has won so many awards.

I have an ipad version which is a great adaption, but it is much more fun competing against friends in the same room.

No comments:

Post a Comment